Saturday, January 15, 2011

wanderlust & laundry

I've been reading a lot of good blogs lately. Not necessarily "famous" blogs, but writings from friends and others that have really been lovely to read. Its really made me wish that I kept up with my own a little more. Unfortunately, while on winter "break" I've been working overtime at my job. I personally find little joy in blogging about web development, thus the reason for the scarcity of my posts. But in the spirit of actually conveying what I've been doing recently here are a few of the sites I've been working on. I didn't design these, I developed them:

live:
http://www.humboldttnchamber.org

still in development:
http://www.milanalumni.org/test/
http://www.younger-associates.com/~magchamb/
This one has been the most time consuming, Realtor websites are no fun:
http://younger-associates.com/~ricktrav/rets/open-realty/

(On a web development side note, I think I may switch my blog to Wordpress. I recently created a template for a client using WP and it was beautifully efficient. When I tried to customize this blog via html/css it was in-eloquent to say the least)

Working so much has really caused the wanderlust to set in though. It's pretty normal for me to feel the travel itch this time of year, however, the last two years I have found somewhere else to be in January. This year I'm not so lucky. However, today I was reading a blog and the author made a New Years resolution to be content where he was at. A good resolution. Of course I love travel and I will continue to love travel. But it's miserable when the wanderlust sets in and I'm incapable of satiating it. My mind is never present, my thoughts are always elsewhere. I literally will sit on my computer in my spare moments and look up the price of plane tickets online, just so I can imagine going to different destinations. ugh. miserable.

So, I've decided to make my best effort to not let my desire to travel cause me to be unhappy where I'm at. They key I think is photography. The less time I have to take pictures, the more unsettled I become. Taking pictures causes me to step back and see things in a new light. I appreciate things more and often find interesting aspects in the most mundane scenarios.

So, I'm going to try to take more pictures. My little point and shoot will stay in my purse and when I see something, it will be handy.

So in honor of my new venture I decided to take pictures of what occupied a lot of my evening tonight: laundry. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment